DIY Website

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
jimbob
Great Britain

DIY Website

Unread post by jimbob »

I am looking to create a website for my hypnotherapy business and would like to know if anyone could give me some tips on creating a professional looking website?
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Daniel Quinn

Re: DIY Website

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

use a company like 1 to 1 or go daddy , when i had time i used to run a politics blog to vent my anger at the world , now i have 4 children . they charge small fees to host and manage but it is pretty intuitive to construct one

or send a pm to Selby , he does it for and living a created the NVA website

ps - can you come round and hyptonise me to forgot I have children so i can go and live in flat , just me and my hifi and my politics blog :lol:

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Thanks Daniel. I'm just about to google go daddy. Had a look at Wix and their templates look really nice.

Haha I'm sure I could do something along those lines... :lol:
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Do you know anything about touch hypnosis. Anyway hypnosis is control of a persons energy (Chi or Qi or Prana). There are three sorts of energy or Chi as I will call it as it is my training - mental, emotional and physical. The falling all over the place talking in tongues etc born again religious crap is someone controlling your spiritual energy, western hypnosis is someone controlling your mental energy, and what I do on the martial side of Tai-Chi / Chi-kung is control of physical energy both for martial and healing work. There is of course some overlap especially when there is an individual with blocked or overloaded energy paths. I have had a student burst into tears and being completely surprised by it when a block is physically released.

Some people are completely open to it and are easily accessed, other if they know it is happening can block it and have to let you in, some cannot stop that block, they are the hardest work to help them release it. Anyway I do very little now my senior students do the teaching and practice now. I only do work now to try to control my disease.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

The hypnotherapy I offer is Ericksonian style but I will do some reading up on touch hypnosis. It is always good to learn new techniques and hypnosis is very fascinating to learn about. What sort of issues can be treated with touch hypnosis?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Interesting. I think this is something I will need to spend a bit of time reading up on to see if there are techniques I could take and use with my clients.

Richard, what made you want to practice the techniques?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

In the late 1980's when in Taiwan on business and jet lagged I was awake at first light in the hotel, looked out the window at a park below the hotel to see a group of people doing a form of exercise but very slowly and in unison, asked the guy I was visiting what it was and they said Tai-Chi. When I came back there was an advert in my local paper. It was a very simple western version but over the years my contacts went higher and better due to my contacts in China to finally being made a disciple (Tudi) to Tian Yingjia. Son of Tian Zhaolin, who was adopted son of Yang Jianhou, who was Gatekeeper (head) of the Yang family traditional style, which had all the martial and healing knowledge of the art. The art of energetics is my school but is not as active as it used to be and I no longer teach, during my time away from hi-fi for 5 years 2000 to 2005 it was my source of income.

This is martial training in terms of learning how to control an opponents energy and is physical hypnosis, he is throwing himself under my control. Marco finds it hillarious he calls it two fat men dancing :mrgreen: But Martin was a body builder so it is all mass and muscle. The fat one back then was me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br94VBIS5DM

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

That certainly looks unusual and looks as though he is essentially throwing himself backwards. How would this control be used or translated into a therapeutic treatment?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Anything energetic that can be used to hurt can be used to heal, it is all in the intent (Chinese Yi), it is just yin and yang. My level has gone down through lack of work but you never lose it. The real masters in the energetic arts can tap you and you would scream and they could hit you and you would feel a passage of warmth following the strike and no pain, it is all in the mind and the intent as it "flavours* the energy. BUT if you wish to train for that level then allow yourself the odd twenty years at least. This is not taught, all you can do is show it and when someone is ready (which is what the training does) they will find it.

My speciality with my students was bad backs, it was originally traditionally used only to heal your student having hurt them in the martial training :mrgreen: Frustratingly for me it never cured the bad backs only relieved the pain for a few days, and if a temp condition allowed your body to do its own healing work without the muscle tension of the pain which interferes. But any muscular problem could be helped. I do much more complex energy leading work to help my cancer treatment, but I was very disillusioned that I got it in the first place saying "why didn't the tai-chi protect me, but those are silly thoughts, what happens happens".

You would have a fit if you saw me do it which is why it was only ever done with accepting students with some knowledge, basically you hit the area where the problem is hard with flat of hand or fist, but your mind directs the energy to heal and not hurt, and then you guide the energy with the flat of the hand.

There is a modern bullshit equiv based on similar style of energy work, it is called Reiki, but it is just commercial money making bullshit sadly. It works for some as belief is a strong healer, you heal yourself. Spiritual healing is the same. This is different and more complex and real. But Reiki works often in conjunction with western hypnosis as you are already putting people in that frame of mind, but never think of it as healing but with some people it convinces them to heal themselves. The body has enormous powers of self healing, the trick is to find something that motivates it.