Website help to forum members

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Website help to forum members

Unread post by selby »

Just want to let everyone know that I'm more than happy to help active forum members with websites, logos, branding, seo, e-commerce, ppc, print etc.

If it's just a little job then I'll just fit it in and you can pay me either with product/service or if it's really simple just a nice bottle of wine. For larger projects we can chat and discuss cost but really this is just me being nice to active members.

Also happy to give free advice to people.

James
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

jimbob
Great Britain

Re: Website help to forum members

Unread post by jimbob »

Hats off to you for being generous enough to help people with something that can seem quiet daunting and Complicated!
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

selby wrote:Just want to let everyone know that I'm more than happy to help active forum members with websites, logos, branding, seo, e-commerce, ppc, print etc.

If it's just a little job then I'll just fit it in and you can pay me either with product/service or if it's really simple just a nice bottle of wine. For larger projects we can chat and discuss cost but really this is just me being nice to active members.

Also happy to give free advice to people.

James
I need tons of help with my website. It's down at the moment and Hostgator support is a nightmare.

[Edited by slinger so it made sense. :mrgreen: )
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

phlakaton

Unread post by phlakaton »

I have been putting off building a website for ages and could do with some pointers.

Also just back from France with some lovely Neuf-du-Pape....

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Main:
Speakers-NVA CUBE 1
Amps-NVA T.D.S.
Pre.- NVA T.C.S
Power-NVA BMU
DAC- Chord 2QUTE
Inter- NVA SSC and LS5
Source- VortexBox
Portable:
Bose sound link Colour
B&O Beolit 15
Ears:
Sure SE 846
Proguard earphone eartips

selby

Unread post by selby »

PM me what you're after or what help you want and I'll ping you back with a plan of action.

J
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

My Business

Progmeister
Great Britain

My website is down yet again! Security issues with Wordpress. I am frustrated to hell. Hostgator are so slow off the mark at getting issues like this sorted. Grrrrr

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Doesn't look like a security problem to me - look like a change gone wrong.

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /home4/p59/public_html/wp-blog-header.php on line 12"
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

selby

Unread post by selby »

I'd need a dig about but this article seems to cover your issue - http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/ ... wordpress/

I personally am not a fan of Wordpress, it's become widely used as it's free and I think in maybe 3 years time with all the development behind the scenes it will be a good platform again but for users who want a care free, beautiful, responsive, easy to manage, reliable, secure I recommend either Squarespace for standard sites or Shopify for ecommerce.

Progmeister I could flip your site to a nicer looking site to Squarespace for you, would cost you £5-£15 a month and you'd have a care free website.

I'm waiting for someone to come along and do the same for forum software, it's coming...

My Business

Progmeister
Great Britain

The problem with that is i haven't got a clue how to do it.
selby wrote:I'd need a dig about but this article seems to cover your issue - http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/ ... wordpress/

I personally am not a fan of Wordpress, it's become widely used as it's free and I think in maybe 3 years time with all the development behind the scenes it will be a good platform again but for users who want a care free, beautiful, responsive, easy to manage, reliable, secure I recommend either Squarespace for standard sites or Shopify for ecommerce.

Progmeister I could flip your site to a nicer looking site to Squarespace for you, would cost you £5-£15 a month and you'd have a care free website.

I'm waiting for someone to come along and do the same for forum software, it's coming...

selby

Unread post by selby »

I can fix it but you'll need to give me full access to everything. PM me if you want me to sort it and we can then discuss moving you a more reliable platform.

My Business