Hi-Fi Honesty

All general audio posts go here.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Hi-Fi Honesty

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Copperblue wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:22 am

I mean, NVA sells through dealers now as well……

Best festive wishes
CB
Does it?

That's news to me.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Lindsayt wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:21 am
Copperblue wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:22 am

I mean, NVA sells through dealers now as well……

Best festive wishes
CB
Does it?

That's news to me.
The 2 more expensive versions of the new integrated amplifier are currently available at one dealer - Hi-fi Sound in Stockton. We are testing the water. We've mentioned it several times.

For those that buy the new integrated amplifier direct from ourselves, we have trade in offers - up to £750 off the INT400, up to £1000 off the INT400SA.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

At least selling through a dealer gives people the opportunity to test an NVA amp against others and they can choose on what their preferences are.

Interesting to hear what feedback you get.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Fretless wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:07 am At least selling through a dealer gives people the opportunity to test an NVA amp against others and they can choose on what their preferences are.

Interesting to hear what feedback you get.
There are a lot more people willing to pay £995 to try the starter bundle compared to people willing to pay 3 or 4 times that amount upfront, especially if they haven't heard any NVA before. It's one of the reasons that we offer the starter bundle; when people try it they're usually gobsmacked by how good it is. Then, they might say that they want a bit more power, so they have no hesitation to try the bigger amps, or they come back in 6 months or a year or so and add another power amp or monoblocks, or they get a BMU, upgrade cables, fit a stepped attenuator etc. Some people, though, want to go straight to the top. A small team of sales agents would still appeal.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Fretless (Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:05 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

TheRealAleman
Wales

Unread post by TheRealAleman »

I was looking at buying the starter bundle, and read the reviews, of it and the "upgrades". I decided to jump right in, and get the P50SA, and S300 straight off, as I knew that if the sound was good ... I would want to see what the upgrades would do.

It's a bit like how I decided to by the fruit box TT from the devil. I thought about the full upgrade path ... Dual CS505, Rega 3, Linn Axis, and finally the fruit box. Added up cost of each upgrade, and a perceived price/performance matrix, and it was obvious that it was cheaper and better value to buy the fruit box fron the start.

Of course now I've listened to my NVA kit, I'm sat here deciding if Pete's/Zebbos kit would fit in our lounge ... That's a lot of BBPSU's to hide!! 😱🤣😂🤣😂
These users thanked the author TheRealAleman for the post (total 2):
slinger (Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:14 pm) • CycleCoach (Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:22 am)

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Have you had a reply to your question yet Lindsay from the Linn disciples?
These users thanked the author karatestu for the post:
Grumpytim (Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:34 pm)
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

karatestu wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:54 pm Have you had a reply to your question yet Lindsay from the Linn disciples?
There has been a reaction.
https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtop ... 6&start=75
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Lindsayt
Nauru

CN211276 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:02 am
karatestu wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:54 pm Have you had a reply to your question yet Lindsay from the Linn disciples?
There has been a reaction.
https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtop ... 6&start=75
Indeed. Part of the reply was to move my question and the ensuing responses from a thread about a youtube vid on the 10 most iconic turntables to a "How we define good sound" stickied thread.
Which I think is fair enough.

I've found the responses on the Lejonklou forum to be interesting and somewhat thought provoking.

I also think it's been a good exercise. To lay my cards on the table over there and to invite them to lay theirs.

It's like: we may disagree a lot about the merits of certain components and certain companies. But at least we have some understanding as to why we disagree. And we do have good agreement as to what we could try (attending the same bake-offs) to reach a better understanding as to why our reported experiences are so different.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I picked up from the discussion that a thread (s) in PFM about bake offs exposing the LP12 (Richard present) were removed, with a reference to needle-drop. Curious I looked at a sticky on PFM entitled Needle-drop which dates from around the same time, 2012. The explanation given was copyright infringement and the loss of advertising revenue. I am completely baffled by this and can only suspect that dark forces from Glasgow were at work.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Lindsayt
Nauru

CN211276 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:06 am I picked up from the discussion that a thread (s) in PFM about bake offs exposing the LP12 (Richard present) were removed, with a reference to needle-drop. Curious I looked at a sticky on PFM entitled Needle-drop which dates from around the same time, 2012. The explanation given was copyright infringement and the loss of advertising revenue. I am completely baffled by this and can only suspect that dark forces from Glasgow were at work.
There would have been a thread from about 2008 where Richard Dunn announced that he wanted to host a turntable bake-off at his home. A few people attended, including Zener with his LP12. The attendees gave their reports in that thread and some people that didn't attend also gave their thoughts on what happened at the bake-off.

Fairly soon after that was Flatpopely's first turntable bake-off at which he recorded a Talk Talk track from every turntable and posted links on pfm.

Following that there was a flurry of needledrops on pfm.

Later - it seems that all threads on pfm before 2010 were deleted. Probably some web server storage capacity issue.
And all needledrop links were removed from pfm for copyright reasons.

John from the Lejonklou forum mentioned that Richard Dunn never posted needledrops of his Pioneer PL71 on pfm. That bit of info might have some significance, in my opinion, if Richard never attended any bake-offs. He was however active in this area, so I can't draw any inference at all from his refusal to do needledrops. I can see things from the point of view of someone whose reported experience is that the LP12 is the most tuneful TT they've heard to date. They may well see a lack of needledrops as some sort of supporting evidence.
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post:
CN211276 (Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:09 am)