The Rise & Fall of Boris Johnson

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: The Rise & Fall of Boris Johnson

Unread post by slinger »

I knew there was one I missed

That was to a Sunday Mirror reporter – for asking how her daughter could work as her secretary (for £35,000 of taxpayers' money a year) when she lives nearly 100 miles away.

When Dorries was told by the Mirror they had discovered Jennifer lived in a ­Cotswolds village 96 miles from her mother’s desk in London and 89 from her Mid-Bedfordshire base in Shefford, before emailing a statement she tweeted the above.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

slinger wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:17 pm Nadine Dorries: Culture secretary, is nothing more than a fucking immense oxymoron, with the emphasis on the "moron". This is the woman who mugged off her party, and her constituents, to bugger off and eat a baked spider, Camel's toe, and Ostrich anus on I Wish I Was A Celebrity, Put Me On Telly. She is living proof that there IS something denser than Osmium.

This is her "defending" Damian Green by making herself look like a complete idiot and a security risk to boot, as she offers proof of her regular contravention of the House of Commons Staff Handbook - Chapter 23 - Section 5.6

She just loves that Rainbow flag...

...two weeks later: “So, we dropped to 27 points in tonight's polls. That gay marriage thing is really working for us.”
In 2015 she claimed: “On gay rights issues, I voted the way the gay community in my constituency asked me to.”

It may be true that gay people in Mid Bedfordshire asked Dorries to vote against their right to marry, who knows? :roll:

Dorries now says she supports same-sex marriage and regrets having voted the way she did... but she also said she was “pro-gay marriage” in 2012, before voting against it twice the next year…

What else? Well, she seems to have an issue telling people with ethnic backgrounds other than white apart:

Six years later Ash Sarkar would find herself at the receiving end of another ethnic minority balls-up on Dorries’ part. The MP tweeted about a video containing Sarkar but identified her as Labour activist Faiza Shaheen.

Here's our Culture Secretary being cultured...

Brexit you say? Oh yes, she loves Brexit...

Does anyone know what the population of Hartlepool is? I'll tell you, it's around 92,000 including children and pensioners, so "180,000 well-paid jobs," seems all the more impressive when armed with that little fact.

She also went viral after complaining that that same Brexit deal she tweeted about above would leave the UK with no MEPs.
Well DUH! Doris. Brexit means no MEPs and no "voice" in Europe. Who'd have thought it? Best tell the PM before he does something stupid.

For those who haven't worked it out yet, I abhor the simple-minded bint. She is an oxygen thief of the first water.

She's not too good with geography either, or... how can I phrase it..? Knowing stuff.
She was duly reminded that Sadiq Khan is Mayor of London, not Rotherham.

She also makes a big play of coming from Liverpool, and how much she loves the (working-class) people of Liverpool. Here's some news for you Nadine, As a Liverpool FC supporter I speak to a lot of scousers via Twatter and Farcebook, every day, and they fucking hate you with a passion.

I'd better stop this. I wouldn't want to start ranting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll leave you with one final little nugget of Nadine-ness

At her first appearance before a select committee as Culture Secretary, the subject of Channel 4 came up. She said there would be a consultation that will focus on “how Channel 4 will survive in the future”.

Imagine the surprise of culture select committee member Damian Green when, in response to his question about why politicians are involving themselves in what is essentially a private sector enterprise, Dorries answered by pointing out that “just because it’s in receipt of public money [it doesn’t mean] we should never audit the future of Channel 4”.

Green interrupted her and pointed out that Channel 4 is “not like the BBC, it’s not in receipt of licence fee money”.

Dorries engaged in some Johnso-like floundering, faffing, and fumbling. “Aaaand,” she stammered. “Sooo… although it’s… yeah. And…”.

Channel 4 is ultimately owned by Dorries’ department but is funded entirely through advertising revenue. Last year it made a pre-tax surplus of £74m (the company is not-for-profit).

You'd have thought she might have known that.
You're not a fan then?
These users thanked the author Geoff.R.G for the post:
slinger (Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:02 am)

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

What gave me away, Geoff? :lol:

Tonight. Pissed much?

Bob and weave, bob and weave...

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

slinger wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:52 pm What gave me away, Geoff? :lol:

Tonight. Pissed much?

Bob and weave, bob and weave...
PMSL. She's a fucking nut job...
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
slinger (Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:02 am)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

I don't suppose for one second I am alone in thinking it's somewhat ironic that the Met police who only a few weeks did not have enough evidence to open any form of investigation into the the numerous allegations of boozy lockdown breaking parties at #10 are now investigated 12 such incidents and have been handed on a plate 500 pages of documents and over 300 photographs by a civil servant with a fraction of the resources available to the Met. Whoever is the next PM, he or she might want to consider making a clean break with the current sleaze and appointment a new Met chief constable from outside the Met.
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
CN211276 (Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:48 am)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Vinyl-ant
Great Britain

Unread post by Vinyl-ant »

What i find interesting is that people think boris days are numbered. That teflon coated thatch haired pompous lying bastard isnt going anywhere.

Because he is surrounded by pompous lying bastards and it is not in their interests that he goes
Analogue: oracle delphi sme 309, jbe series 3 cx unipivot dv20x2l, roksan xerxes tabriz vm750, jvc ql-y5f rigb at440, jvc ql-y3f vm750, lenco 75, technics sl150

Phono stages: cole lcr, benedict audio hothead

Digital: cyrus cd7, wiim mini x2, topping e30, jds labs el dac 2+

Amplification: nelson pass b1, nelson pass f5

Speakers: 15" fane aperiodic wardrobes

Cans: myryad z40, hifiman sundara + deva, fostex t50rp, sennheiser momentum on ear +over ear, b&w p5 and p7

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Vinyl-ant wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:52 am What i find interesting is that people think boris days are numbered. That teflon coated thatch haired pompous lying bastard isnt going anywhere.

Because he is surrounded by pompous lying bastards and it is not in their interests that he goes
If the polls stay as they are - big lead for Labour - he will go.

If the Tories recover in the polls - he will stay.

Local elections in May.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I have read in Wikipedia that a minister who has mislead or lied to Parliament is expected to resign or be sacked. Because we do not have a written constitution this is not set in stone. I presume it would be for the head of state, the Queen, to sack him. She has as much reason to be disgusted by what went on as anyone.

It is looking more and more likely that the May council elections will be the deciding factor and it is likely that Cummings and his enemies will come up with more revelations on their eve to influence voters. Tactical voting will be very important as it does not matter if it is Labour or Liberal, as long as the tories lose control of the council.
These users thanked the author CN211276 for the post:
NSNO2021 (Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:46 pm)
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

I'm reading Covid has a bad case of Liz Trussitus - you have to feel for Covid don't you, such a dreadful illness 😉
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

NSNO2021 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:06 pm I'm reading Covid has a bad case of Liz Trussitus - you have to feel for Covid don't you, such a dreadful illness 😉
And Nadhim Zahawi, our wonderful Secretary of State for Education. Could it have anything with them all sitting in Parliament without masks and braying like donkeys do you think? As Jackoff Ree-Smog swears that they don't need masks, because with their “convivial, fraternal spirit” they know each other well, perhaps Liz and Nadim should check to see if they're still in the top WhatsApp groups, or whether somebody's not telling them something. Having said that, it must be about time Johnson caught it again so he can hide in Chequers for a few days. PMQs tomorrow; I wonder if he can catch it by then.

For anyone who missed it, by the way, here's yesterday's best bit of telly.

These users thanked the author slinger for the post (total 2):
savvypaul (Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:32 pm) • NSNO2021 (Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:37 pm)