Change of amp - what potential improvements?

All general audio posts go here.
Berty bass
Great Britain

Change of amp - what potential improvements?

Unread post by Berty bass »

I'm looking forward to the new integrated that Paul's currently teasing us with, with a view to potentially changing to it from my current, Rega Elicit. However, as my main source is vinyl and I currently have a Phono 2 (2 PSU), which I'll still use, will changing the amp have much of an impact on the sound? I'm presuming most of the sound characteristic of the vinyl reproduction (that isn't the player or speakers, of course) is as a result of the Phono. Is that broadly fair?

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Change of amp - what potential improvements?

Unread post by savvypaul »

Any link in the chain can be improved. The proof, as always, is in the listening. Not long to wait, now...and, if you fancy a trip oop North (not sure whereabouts you are), the prototype is playing at home and you're very welcome to call in.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Berty bass (Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:14 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

I am quietly confident you will be pleased with the difference.
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Berty bass
Great Britain

Unread post by Berty bass »

savvypaul wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:46 pm Any link in the chain can be improved. The proof, as always, is in the listening. Not long to wait, now...and, if you fancy a trip oop North (not sure whereabouts you are), the prototype is playing at home and you're very welcome to call in.
Hi Paul,

I'm in Chester so Durham's a bit of a trek. We may however be visiting a friend on South Shields in the next couple of months; we'll see. Thanks for the reply.

Mark
These users thanked the author Berty bass for the post:
savvypaul (Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:21 pm)