NEBO 6 set for November 2015

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Progmeister
Great Britain

Re: NEBO 6 set for November 2015

Unread post by Progmeister »

NEBO 6 was a highly enjoyable day though i am suffering from the excesses of the day. On an interesting note Marco did pass very positive comments about the NVA amplifiers and a couple of people told me that the Cubettes were very interesting and would have liked to have heard the larger version. The phono stage bake off was a little disappointing though once i have the Doc fettle it i will organise a re-match. The A40 power amps formed the core of many combinations throughout the day and i thought Macca's NVA pre-amp was a nice piece of kit too.

I had a chat with Brit about your proposal and i suggested to him that "an musical evening with NVA" would be the best way of getting the equipment in front of people. I will get the phono stage to you this week Doc. Many thanks.
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Macca wrote:Dave - if someone who has purchased/demoed said speakers and who has no connection to NVA other than being a customer or potential customer wishes to post their review then It will not be taken down. But there is not going to be any trade representation by the back door. I appreciate that your positive opinions of the 'speaker are genuine, but that's not the point.
FECKING CRAP, that is it I have had it with you, you are just as bad as Marco. THIS IS BREAKING YOUR RULES!!!!

Dave is not trade for me and never has been, he has nothing to do with NVA speakers, all he does is freelance assembly work on AMPLIFIERS, PRE AMPS, PHONO STAGES. This was a test to see if the rules would be broken and they are. Your rules state that myself and HFS are not to be referred to but NVA can be talked about. Sooo Dave is a member of your forum, he was here yesterday and heard the Cube 2 ,I am sure you have read his review here (which I didn't ask him to do). I said thanks and now I dare you to put it up at AoS. We both saw it as a test of your honesty and to see the truth about your attitude to NVA.

Well now we see it, and it is the lies and crap that I had expected. NVA IS CENSORED ON AOS AND THIS IS THE PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Don't expect any advice or help from me in the future you are now on my black list.

You know your statement about people allowed to give reviews is just for me and NVA, no one else is subject to it, otherwise for example Firebottle and RFC wouldn't get away with it, plus others - per usual pure hypocrisy.
Obvious to me for ages Macca is Marco's lap dog. He's far too friendly with the bloke in spite of what he knows of his on-line antics. Anyone who is still admin on AOS should be viewed with suspicion. Sods law that phono stage went tits up. Most likely heavy handed cable insertion / removal if it wasn't dropped. An NVA room at one of the shows may be a better idea. As far as I can see there is no ban now on on-line sellers as MCRU etc are at all of them. Or just do a southern NEBO (SOEBO).
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

With the line-up of NVA loan equipment becoming available would it not be possible to use that and arrange demonstration days in various locations. Run by forum members and with the possible presence of the Doc?

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

YES!! want to organise one in Holland :mrgreen:

selby
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by selby »

I'll come to the Holland one, been trying to move to Amsterdam for years now! I'll run the NVA Holland Division lol :dance:
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I know you just want somewhere with legal dope :grin:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well I have serious offer of North East one run by the NEBO lot, and a maybe offer for Holland.

Any more.

The process as I see it is to find out from forums and from friends how many people near to you are up for it, if you get 10 or more then it is worth it. Then find a cheap or preferably free room to hold it in. If there are room costs we will pay them. I or Kaz or both turn up with a bundle of gear that people say they want to hear and compare their own gear against. We turn up and do it, those that attend tell everyone on the forums about the results, and hopefully it gets momentum. I see no reason why other forum and direct sellers can't join in if they want to. It is a flexible concept according to what is wanted and needed. I see it as a process to counter the lack of retail based dems for direct sellers.

selby
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by selby »

I seriously think having the Doc set up the Cubes will transform the listening experience, also it will be a good place for you to teach people about placement.

Luckily in my room I have the Cube 3's right back against the wall (4"), slightly toed in and also my listening positioning is in the middle of the room so it was easy for me to get the sound good. However I bet it could be improved with little tweaks if I knew more. I'd really like to get the chance to compare TIS and SSP Mk2.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I don't have golden ears anyone can do it, just follow the guidelines and your ears will tell you when it is right. It is a simple process there is no magic.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

If you fancy having a go place an ad in the bake-off section here and see how many of our member are interested to go. Make it general no date just to gauge interest. More effective would be to put threads on other forums to find people who want to go.