Sony 770es Sold

All general audio posts go here.
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sony 770es Sold

Unread post by antonio66 »

Personally Doc, I think you do very well running NVA and STILL HAVING TIME to go on forums. :clap:

Were's the arse licker smilie when you want one. :lol:

George Hincapie

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Perhaps Doc needs less time on the forums and more time making products :teasing-poke:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

They both happen at the same time, do you expect me to be holding a soldering iron all day long. You know when I am building as you get posts. 15 to 20 mins with the iron is enough otherwise my eyes go daft, then 5 or 10 mins slurping my tea and checking the forums, then back to the soldering iron. You will know when I am not working - no posts.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Giving a full value trade-in on items up to 2 years old is the most flexible, simple and helpful thing I've heard of by any hifi manufacturer or dealer, ever. If the downside is that Doc fails to embellish his posts with the milk of human kindness...I'll live with that.

Ironic that on this occasion the criticism came from a Doc intervention that was clearly intended to be helpful and save hughandella some cash and inconvenience.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

hughandella

Unread post by hughandella »

antonio66 wrote:Thanks for the offer but I wanted to go for p50sa with the A30. Maybe someone else on here would be interested. Sorry can't understand why you did not trade in you A20 for a new A30.
Well it's the numbers basically ------ the A30II cost me £225 and I have A20 to sell ....... if I trade the A20 in I have to pay a net £150 and no A20..... so the 'cost' to me of the A20 is £75, so anything I sell it for above that reduces my net costs - but I'm not doing this to make money so if I'm preventing you from trying NVA I am happy to step aside from buying the 30 from applemarc ( assuming he is ok with it and I'm sure he will be ) and I'll just do direct swaps with Doc ....... and the worls of NVA will no doubt be happier for it ...... so confirm with me nad applemarc that you will buy his amp and it's all done - make sense ?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Don't worry mate do what you want, there is no problem.

hughandella

savvypaul wrote:Giving a full value trade-in on items up to 2 years old is the most flexible, simple and helpful thing I've heard of by any hifi manufacturer or dealer, ever. If the downside is that Doc fails to embellish his posts with the milk of human kindness...I'll live with that.

Ironic that on this occasion the criticism came from a Doc intervention that was clearly intended to be helpful and save hughandella some cash and inconvenience.
its not worth going over this but I had already spoken to Doc before his post --- Doc knew this and would therefore understand my note to Antonio ....... but as i said at the time I agree that his products and trade in make the forthright views perfectly acceptable - I much prefer straight talking to flannel but it is also mildly amusing to point out to Doc that he is indeed 'blunt' and not everyone will appreciate it .... the only time i get frustrated is if someone is blunt themselves but is not able to handle bluntness back - to dish it out you must be prepared to take it --- Doc seems to be able to do that ( on most occassions --- but there are plainly thinner skins on both sides with wigwam etc but there is a lot of history to explain that it seems ) .... dont think anyone needs to be overly precious or protective of Sir Bunsen he seems well able to speak for himself !!

hughandella

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Don't worry mate do what you want, there is no problem.
thanks I know .... Im trying to help Antonio get on the NVA ladder if that is what he wants --- cheers !

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

hughandella wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Don't worry mate do what you want, there is no problem.
thanks I know .... Im trying to help Antonio get on the NVA ladder if that is what he wants --- cheers !
Thanks for that, but you go for it. I was only thinking of buying, but even then I would to save and then purchase a pre and phonostage. Good luck with the sale of your NVA starter pack.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Those big old ES sony amps were very good. BUT they still had the usual Jap amp problem of never use one control if six will do the same job, they cannot get away from the concept of perceived value, controls and lights all over the place AND it is always them that go wrong. I bet it is switch or an interface that has gone tits up and the basis of the amp is still fine.