... and you think Boris Johnson is an idiot !

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Fretless
Netherlands

... and you think Boris Johnson is an idiot !

Unread post by Fretless »

Trump goes on a rampage with pardons, veto threats and Covid denial

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/23/poli ... index.html

:doh: :pray: :naughty: :snooty: :hand:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: ... and you think Boris Johnson is an idiot !

Unread post by slinger »

When Trump took office almost the first thing he did was begin his attempted destruction and dismantling of everything Barack Obama had accomplished or implemented. Now he's outward-bound he's trying to wreck Biden's presidency before it's even started. He cannot stand people who are more popular than him, which is almost everybody.

Trump complained in a video on Twitter (how else) that the Covid relief bill delivered too much money to foreign countries, but not enough to American citizens. He said: "This bill contains $85.5m for assistance to Cambodia, $134m to Burma, $1.3bn for Egypt and the Egyptian military, which will go out and buy almost exclusively Russian military equipment, $25m for democracy and gender programmes in Pakistan, $505m to Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama."

Oddly (maybe it's his age) the name "Israel" and the figure "$500m" seemed to have slipped his mind.

Some of the other pro-Israel provisions in the 2021 spending legislation have appeared in previous bills, the fact that they passed again unamended shows the uncompromising support the Israeli government still enjoys in Congress ahead of the inauguration of Joe Biden next month. That puts Biden between a rock and a hard place as far as his future relations with Israel go,

I won't bore you unnecessarily (usually it's quite necessary) but listed in this article are the FIVE perks being given to Israel. It really is worth a read. https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/us-spending-bill-five-gifts-israel

Oddly, some of the other stuff Trump said about the bill, even if his only intention was to muddy the waters and cause conflict, I actually agree with, like a one-off relief payment to Americans of $600 is an insult.

Oh, and as a little bonus, Trump has yet again completely exonerated Russia over the recent series of cyber-attacks.

On Friday, US secretary of state Mike Pompeo confirmed that he believes Russia was behind the hack that breached at least a dozen federal agencies over a nine-month period. Pompeo said that the hack is “pretty clearly” linked to Russia, but told the host: of a TV show “I can't say much more as we're still unpacking precisely what it is, and I'm sure some of it will remain classified.”

Pretty clear then.

Nice to see he's finally mellowing. :lol:

The reason I take notice of all this stuff about His Royal Trumpness is that over at TAS I started a silly little poll on 1 Aug 2016 at 23:25, asking...

Donald Trump...
#1 As mad as a box of frogs
#2 A misunderstood genius

That throwaway poll is now 220 pages long and I'm more or less curating it. :lol:
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
Fretless (Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:54 pm)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X