My 97db sensible speakers don't need more power than A30mkii

All things NVA
Ubik-energy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My 97db sensible speakers don't need more power than A30mkii

Unread post by Ubik-energy »

I wonder when my upgrade path is better off upgrading cables or upgrade to a mono set amps. Actual cables are Ls1 and a SSC ic and my speakers are not missing bottom end.

PS I don't feel mature enough to drop my electrocompaniet active pre , for a Nva pre yet. Sorry.
Thanx
Technics SL1210/Jelco 750D/AT150MLX
Aleph Xono
Electrocompaniet EC4.5
NVA A30mkii
DIY PHY-HP drivers open baffle

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: My 97db sensible speakers don't need more power than A30

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

On what I've heard recently - CABLES!!!!!!

It's been widely said here that NVA amps sound basically the same and you get more as necessary when going up the range. I LOVE the LS5 cables I'm using still and I'm sure the 6 and 7 are better again, but you get a huge price hike with these. The T.I.S. interconnect should be sublime for reproducing subtle nuances in a good recording and my loaner cable is slowly but surely working its magic on my poor old ears - it's subtle but oh so important what this cable does (or not if you understand what I'm saying) and I'll be sad when it goes to the next evaluator.

So, Electro preamp or not, I believe it's well worth trying some SSC's at least as interconnects and upgrading the LS1 for one of the better ones. Your power amp is more than able to show the improvements in all areas, both 'HiFi' (precision, imagery, perception of details in the musical mix etc.etc.) and, most important to this maker, musical ones (how easily you emotionally engage with the music being played).

Hope this is helpful.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Ubik-energy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: My 97db sensible speakers don't need more power than A30

Unread post by Ubik-energy »

DSJR, thanxs ! very clear indications. I appreciated you have responded extensively. Cheers
Technics SL1210/Jelco 750D/AT150MLX
Aleph Xono
Electrocompaniet EC4.5
NVA A30mkii
DIY PHY-HP drivers open baffle