Talk 3 Speaker Cable.

All general audio posts go here.
southall-1998
Wales

Talk 3 Speaker Cable.

Unread post by southall-1998 »

I have a 3.5m pair of Talk 3 cables and are very good VFM.

These are low capacitance kind of speaker cables, so work good with NVA/Exposure amplification.

Anybody else here using Talk 3?

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Talk 3 Speaker Cable.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Not recommended for NVA Shane. Using any other speaker cable than NVA invalidates our amplifier warranty.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Shane you are walking a tightrope - And I aint talking 3ft up - im talking Niagra.........Don't do it. :doh:

PS......WTF is "Talk3" ...and whatever happened to Talk 1 & 2...... :dance: :guiness;

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Not recommended for NVA Shane. Using any other speaker cable than NVA invalidates our amplifier warranty.
Talk 3 has been recommended here as acceptable along with other low capacitance cables: http://www.nene-valley-audio.com/frames ... ranty.html

This could create some confusion, no way to take that site down?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

That site was made by an old customer who moved to NZ when I closed the company in 2000 until 2005 it is an archive site. It has all been explained before and so has why I changed this rec and the results of me doing it - it is all in the archive. Sorry I don't have time to find it but other can link here if they find it.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Talk 3 is called that way as the old Cable Talk 3 and 3.1 was so popular (and deservedly so if compared with the ubiquitous QED crap Sevenoaks branches sold by the kilometre! :evil: ). The current stuff (same designer) is like an uprated old Theatre 2 cable, only 2.5mm as was the 3.1 and 4.1 I sold and with the outer jacket the same horrid green of the huge Concert cable CT used to make (which performed really well on 'normal' amps).

Shane, I believe the Doc has an offer going on LS2? If this is still valid, just get some of this, as it will work well with anything! He's going to have a huge job prising the LS5 from my greasy paws I can tell you :lol: :mrgreen:
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

There is the old Talk 3 and the new Talk 3 which has caused confusion elsewhere. presumably these comments relate to the old Talk3 since the site is 10 years old or whatever and the new talk 3 only came out a couple of years ago. I have some of the old talk 3 although I don't use it. No idea if there is any difference between the new one and the old one.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Yup, mines is the new Talk 3.

DSJR, Nah, I'm saving up for some LS6. I've tried Andrew's LS6 on my AP10PX and liked the sound. To be honest though, I was using cheap JPW Mini Monitor speakers, nothing elese!!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

LS6 with 10PX eh? I dare not try it - the LS5 is bad enough ;)
I have a 15 ry old son who is after a new PC. We're gradually collecting the bits together (he's fussy on the spec) and of course he wants it all NOW!!! Not far to go (he doesn't get pocket money per se so we make it up this way) but the tiny coffers are strained somewhat at the moment :doh:
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

15 year old son. You can't be that old then Dave.