Visit to NVA Towers

All things NVA
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Visit to NVA Towers

Unread post by selby »

I popped into NVA Towers to see the Doc earlier.

As I walked into his new work room I instantly saw the lovely looking Cube 3 speakers on stands and the Doc put some music on straight away. He started with an artist and CD which I believe other visitors have mentioned Sara K, 'Made In The Shade' I think was the album. My initial reaction was "WOW jeez this sounds good", I then started to look at the equipment to see what was producing this wonderful sound. You can't miss that amazing Sony CD/DAC combo, I love the wood/champagne Sony style. I could see a Statement Pre-amplifier and I could see some TIS interconnects and then some A80 mono blocks on the floor and I assumed LS6 or 7 must be the speaker cable. After a few tracks I said to the Doc how amazing they sounded, his response took me back...the actual system was:

Sony CD/DAC
BMU
Statement Pre-Amplifier
TIS

but then the shocker...

The power was coming from a A20 and the speaker cables were LS1.

The sound was amazing and all I can say is the A20/P20 combo for the money is going to be seriously hard to beat.

I left wanting to take the sound quality back home with me...I'm not sure I'll manage that but I'm looking forward to listening to the Cube 3's more but connected to my AP70 and LS6.

I'll stick up a proper review (as good as I can) about the Cube 3's in about a week.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Re: Visit to NVA Towers

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

Looks like the Doc has been Mr Popular today as I have just brought the Cube 3 back to Stemcor Towers under the loan programme. I will try to write a review in due course.

What I can say now is that I wholehaetedly agree with Selby's comments. The A20 was very sweet indeed. If it was made by anybody else I reckon they would be asking for the best part of a grand. The P/A20 plus Cubettes might be something special for the price.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Just to add that there never was anything wrong with 'red book digital' in principle - and that Sony DAC proves it!
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

selby

Unread post by selby »

It sounded terrific, could have easily sat listening all day.

Looking to buy a Sara K album or two on HD Download, I also have Cubes, TIS and BMU in my long-term shopping basket.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

My Business

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

HD Tracks for Sara K although most of these at 16/44.1 - cheaper to buy the cd and rip them. I do keep wondering about SACDs...(which is where most of the 'hi res' stuff of older releases comes from)
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Terry - know there is always a welcome mat here for you and your wife.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Yes. Thank you. I guess it might be safe to visit now that the Cubix Pros have left the nest. :grin:
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

Doc played a bit of Sara K last night. It's now in my wanted list. I'm a not great fan of Americana but this was rather nice.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

terrybooth wrote:Yes. Thank you. I guess it might be safe to visit now that the Cubix Pros have left the nest. :grin:
I can always build some more :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I know :animals-chickencatch:

selby

Unread post by selby »

I'll have some on loan! :dance: lol

My Business