The Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: The Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:24 pm I think dsjr was having a go at firey, nevertheless you showed his argument to be sub standard.
I don't think I was making an argument and I certainly didn't make the comments referred to and quoted above..

I'm not having a go at anyone, but some accusations were made about the Phono 2 bass performance using a squarewave which few people can read which Nick has now clarified in a way more people can understand and which isn't anything like as severe as one may have thought.

Anyway, all done now...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Dave - DQ mixed you up with Classicrock, if you read the posts you will see it is obvious.

BTW - official NVA response, I am quite happy with that FR plot and thanks to Nick for doing it.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Bloody he'll I'm sorry dsjr. In my defence sounds like something you would say and it fitted in with the two posts you did make ;)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

No probs.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:46 pm Dave - DQ mixed you up with Classicrock, if you read the posts you will see it is obvious.

BTW - official NVA response, I am quite happy with that FR plot and thanks to Nick for doing it.
I wasn't talking about Nick and his plots but referring to FIrey review! Comments alluding to poor valve amp bass not aimed at Longdog or similar designs. So calm down and carry on folks. :mrgreen:
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Nicks products are one 'range' I really do want to hear. Mostly unaffordable for me anyway (I'm stuffed full of amps here), but it's on the bucket-list...

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Is anyone from here actually going to this event on the 11th ?

And if so going by train ?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

They are some of the few worth listening to. Sadly the last time it was fecked up at Owston, not sure why but I have my suspicions. If that was my only experience I would have been disappointed, but I have heard his designs at other times and all excellent stuff. So don't rely on just one experiences especially at shows. We can all feck up occasionally, Scalford for me about 8 years ago, I walked in the room to set up to say to myself oh shit! twenty foot high ceiling, ho-hum! just make the best of it.

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

valvesRus wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:02 am Is anyone from here actually going to this event on the 11th ?

I am, but I'll be driving.

David Brook
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by David Brook »

valvesRus wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:02 am Is anyone from here actually going to this event on the 11th ?

Do you need someone to hold your hand? I will if that means you are attending? :grin:
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: MCRU